Software Test Engineer
You are a “hands on” tester who thrives on making a difference. Your analytical nature and high degree of professionalism and initiative will be imperative to succeed. It is important that you are a highly organised, efficient person with the ability to listen to the needs of both management and our team. You are passionate about the software industry and are aware that you need to prove that you know what you’re doing with software before anyone will hire you. Therefore, you have a testing portfolio of your own that you can share with us to for review.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or will be graduating this year), Engineering or a related field or bootcamp training, fellowship or equivalent work experience.
Our core competency is mobile productivity. Other companies have apps as an add-on or nice-to-have so technical corners are cut and less emphasis is put on taking advantage of mobile advances as they become available. At Obzervr the app IS the company.
Obzervr is expanding into several international countries as we take on new customers from around the globe.
We take great pride in what we do. Consequently, we look for people of the highest ethics and professional standing.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Analysis of business/functional requirements and architectural specifications to establish test conditions, scenarios and design detailed test cases
– Ensure test coverage for the change, critical functionality, regression and end to
– Raise defects found during test and escalating in accordance with set procedures
– Track progress of allocated test designs and test cases to ensure testing
deadlines are met
– Ability to manage project team’s expectations around testing in a fast-paced
– Broad understanding of software engineering concepts and latest technologies
– Outstanding time-management skills.
– Testing experience on desktop, cloud and hardware platforms
– Strong problem identification and solving skills
– Confident to work autonomously without the direct guidance of a Test Lead
Skills and Education
-Able to break down large, complex problems into manageable action plans (I.e. knows how to eat an elephant)
– At least 1 years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance / Testing experience
– Solid SQL skills, have the ability to write SQL script to check data quality
– Experience working in an Agile Methodology
– Experience with tools like Power BI beneficial
– Strong Testing skills and experience (both manual and automation)
– Having some level test automation experience is highly desired
– Experience with JMeter Scripting
– API testing via Postman
– Strong familiarity with bug tracking and logging practices and systems (e.g. VSTS,
– Working knowledge of software versioning and release practices and tools (e.g.
-Able to prioritise and multitask in a fast-paced agile environment
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– A quality mindset and passionate about testing
Salary commensurate with your experience. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. To apply email your resume to [email protected]