Technical Product Analyst / Product Owner
This role is a Full-Time position in our Engineering Team, reporting to our CTO.
Brisbane CBD Based
Travel may be required
We are looking for a technically savvy individual with a product mindset to help us continue to grow and launch new features and services.
Technical Product Analyst / Product Owner is a hands-on role where you will have to analyze high-level business requirements from multiple sources including Sales team and internal UX, Testing and Engineering team and act as a gatekeeper for our Product Roadmap. You will translate requirements into technical specifications and user stories for our engineering team and work closely with them to make things happen!
Our core competency is mobile productivity.
Other companies have apps as an add-on or nice-to-have so technical corners are cut and less emphasis is put on taking advantage of mobile advances as they become available.
At Obzervr the app IS the company.
We are a start-up, we are passionate about technology & innovation, we love our product and we are constantly looking at ways to optimise our service offering within the Mining, Oil & Gas Sectors.
We take smart risks, solve important problems, adapt and iterate quickly. We have the courage to challenge not just what we do but how we do it.
We are growing, nationally and internationally. We are a bunch of unique and wonderful individuals, each bringing different expertise to the mix. We take great pride in what we do and consequently, we look for people of the highest ethical and professional standing, to grow with us.
Working at Obzervr
- Fun and friendly environment, you will become part of the Obzervr family
- Generally speaking, we are all working from home on Fridays 🙂
- We celebrate birthdays over a team lunch
- We enjoy our Team Building activities, and you can help choose what these are
- Participating in Strategy meetings, to help design our direction
Education and Qualifications required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Master’s Degree is a plus
- Knowledge of digital platforms, Web, Mobile, Cloud, SaaS
- Agile accreditation is a plus
- High level of computing skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook; SharePoint, MS Project, Asana, Azure DevOps
Experience, Skills and Behavioural Competencies required for this position
- Prior experience as a Product Owner/business analyst/system analyst is a huge plus.
- Good business acumen and an understanding of Mining, Gas & Oil practices and processes is an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of Agile SCRUM methodologies, product life cycle, system integrations, state-of-the-art digital technologies and hunger to learn more
- Experience writing PRDs (Product requirement Documents), User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, conducting Process Walkthroughs, Workshops, and UATs.
- Knowledge or Understanding of general System Architecture, Databases, APIs, Data Security concerns & Cloud Solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, intercultural, written, verbal & presentation skills.
- Ability to work in faced paced highly agile work environment with competing priorities.
- You will be a natural fit if you have the eagerness to learn, you are a do’er, have a positive attitude, attention to detail, great problem-solving skills & a self-driven approach
Key Accountabilities, but not limited to
- Interact with Product Management and Engineering team to properly assess the requirements, translating business requirements to system functional design•Document, analyse, and evaluate the requirements and make recommendations on implementation
- Perform fit/gap analysis on functionality and capabilities
- Engage with Engineering teams and other cross-functional team members in converting the Business Solution, Technical Requirements or Process requirements.
- Create User Stories & define acceptance criteria
- Manage our Agile development lifecycle, sprint planning, reviews, etc
- Participate in user interviews, conduct workshops for internal stakeholders and other internal customer feedback sessions
- Must have technical understanding preferably in a production environment to critically analyse and dive deep into details
- $ base + Superannuation
- Annual Salary review, depending on company, team and individual performance
- Incentive, depending on company, team and individual performance
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. To apply email your resume to [email protected]