Tech Lead/ Business Analyst (Projects)
This role is a Full-Time position in our Service Delivery Team.
Brisbane CBD Based
State or interstate travel will be required.
We are looking for a technically savvy individual with a product mindset to help us continue to grow and launch new features and services.
Tech Lead/ BA Projects is a hands-on role where you will have to analyze high-level business requirements and translate them into technical specifications for our engineering team and work closely with them to make things happen!
You will know our product back to front, you QA product configuration, you will facilitate UAT onsite, train and prepare training materials, and support our clients during Go-Live.
Our core competency is mobile productivity.
Other companies have apps as an add-on or nice-to-have so technical corners are cut and less emphasis is put on taking advantage of mobile advances as they become available.
At Obzervr the app IS the company.
We are a start-up, we are passionate about technology & innovation, we love our product and we are constantly looking at ways to optimise our service offering within the Mining, Oil & Gas Sectors.
We take smart risks, solve important problems, adapt and iterate quickly. We have the courage to challenge not just what we do but how we do it.
We are growing, nationally and internationally. We are a bunch of unique and wonderful individuals, each bringing different expertise to the mix. We take great pride in what we do and consequently, we look for people of the highest ethical and professional standing, to grow with us.
Working at Obzervr
- Fun and friendly environment, you will become part of the Obzervr family
- Generally speaking, we are all working from home on Fridays 🙂
- We celebrate birthdays over a team lunch
- We enjoy our Team Building activities, and you can help choose what these are
- Participating in Strategy meetings, to help design our direction
Education and Qualifications required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Master’s Degree is a plus
- Knowledge of digital platforms, Web, Mobile, Cloud, SaaS
- Agile accreditation is a plus
- High level of computing skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook; SharePoint, MS Project, Asana, Azure DevOps.
Experience, Skills and Behavioural Competencies required for this position
- 2+ years prior experience as a business analyst/system analyst.
- Good business acumen and an understanding of Mining, Gas & Oil practices and processes is an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of digital product life cycle, system integrations, state-of-the-art digital technologies and hunger to learn more
- Experience writing PRDs (Product requirement Documents), User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, conducting Process Walkthroughs, Workshops, and UATs.
- Must have technical understanding preferably in a production environment to critically analyse and dive deep into details.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, intercultural, written, verbal & presentation skills.
- Ability to work in faced paced highly agile work environment with competing priorities.
- Knowledge or Understanding of general System Architecture, Databases, APIs, Data Security concerns & Cloud Solutions is an advantage.
- You will be a natural fit if you have the eagerness to learn, you are a do’er, have a positive attitude, attention to detail, great problem-solving skills & a self-driven approach
Key Accountabilities, but not limited to
- Lead Requirements gathering with our clients, including user interviews, their translation to User Stories and their management as backlog items with our Engineering team.
- Perform fit/gap analysis on functionality and capabilities.
- Track progress and manage change, providing updates to the Schedule
- Master our product configuration, rationalize customization work and QA artefacts produced by our teams and partners.
- Know our product back to front, provide training as/if required, while developing customised training material, e.g. videos, for our clients.
- Configuration of client’s environments, in collaboration with our clients.
- Provide on-site support during clients’ UAT and Go-Live.
- X base + 9.5% Superannuation based on past skills and experience
- Annual Salary review
- Incentives depending on company, team and individual performance
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. To apply email your resume to [email protected]