This role is a Full-Time position in our Engineering Team, reporting to our CTO.
Brisbane CBD Based
Travel may be required
We are looking for a technically savvy individual with a product mindset to help us continue to grow and launch new features and services.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of Obzervr releases for both Obzervr Web and Mobile platforms. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
Our core competency is mobile productivity.
Other companies have apps as an add-on or nice-to-have so technical corners are cut and less emphasis is put on taking advantage of mobile advances as they become available.
At Obzervr the app IS the company.
We are a start-up, we are passionate about technology & innovation, we love our product and we are constantly looking at ways to optimise our service offering within the Mining, Oil & Gas Sectors.
We take smart risks, solve important problems, adapt and iterate quickly. We have the courage to challenge not just what we do but how we do it.
We are growing, nationally and internationally. We are a bunch of unique and wonderful individuals, each brining different expertise to the mix. We take great pride in what we do and consequently, we look for people of the highest ethical and professional standing, to grow with us.
Working at Obzervr
- Fun and friendly environment, you will become part of the Obzervr family
- Generally speaking, we are all working from home on Fridays 🙂
- We celebrate birthdays over a team lunch
- We enjoy our Team Building activities, and you can help choose what these are
- Participating in Strategy meetings, to help design our direction
Education and Qualifications required for this position
- Recognized degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Management Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, Web, Mobile, Cloud, SaaS
- Agile accreditation is favourable
- High level of computing skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook; SharePoint, MS Project, Asana, Azure DevOps.
Experience, Skills and Behavioural Competencies required for this position
- 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experience with implementing Agile methodology is favourable
- Good business acumen, and an understanding of Mining, Gas & Oil practices and processes is an advantage.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Strong technical, end-user and training documentation skills, including training videos, release notes, technical and functional guides.
- Strong support and communication skills, both written (emails, text, chat) and spoken (phone, in-person). Clear, articulate. Concise and to the point.
- Great technical skills to navigate among the various platforms.
- Good listener, advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Positivity, Do’er, Curiosity and Resiliency are key attributes for this role
Key Accountabilities, but not limited to
- Post Commitment Deed/Project Delivery Phase
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time, meeting or exceeding expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or system updates
- Communicate all key plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Work with Support engineers and support teams to manage alpha and beta release customers and user enquiries and training needs
- Develop Release Notes, Technical documentation, training guides, videos and training programs for key partners
- $ base + Superannuation
- Annual Salary review, depending on company, team and individual performance
- Incentive, depending on company, team and individual performance
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. To apply email your resume to [email protected]