Cloud Infrastructure, Integration and DevOps Engineer
This role is a Full-Time position in our Engineering Team, reporting to our CTO.
Brisbane CBD Based
Travel may be required
We are looking for a technically savvy individual with a product mindset to help us continue to grow and launch new features and services.
You will own the Cloud Infrastructure, Integration and DevOps practice which includes
- Administer and manage all infrastructure that is used to meet the needs and goals of Obzervr Clients and Partners;
- Develop and implement solutions for integrating Obzervr applications with our clients’ technology stack including evaluating existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and suggesting improvements;
- Collaborate with software developers to manage code releases.
Our core competency is mobile productivity.
Other companies have apps as an add-on or nice-to-have so technical corners are cut and less emphasis is put on taking advantage of mobile advances as they become available.
At Obzervr the app IS the company.
We are a start-up, we are passionate about technology & innovation, we love our product and we are constantly looking at ways to optimise our service offering within the Mining, Oil & Gas Sectors.
We take smart risks, solve important problems, adapt and iterate quickly. We have the courage to challenge not just what we do but how we do it.
We are growing, nationally and internationally. We are a bunch of unique and wonderful individuals, each bringing different expertise to the mix. We take great pride in what we do and consequently, we look for people of the highest ethical and professional standing, to grow with us.
Working at Obzervr
- Fun and friendly environment, you will become part of the Obzervrfamily
- Generally speaking, we are all working from home on Fridays:-)
- We are celebrating our Birthdays over Team Lunch
- Team Building Activities, and you can help choose what these are
- Participating in Strategy meetings, to help design our direction
- Agile and always evolving, have your ideas heard
- Working with the latest cloud and mobile technologies
Education and Qualifications required for this position
- Recognized degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Management Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, Web, Mobile, Cloud, SaaS
- Agile accreditation is favourable
- High level of computing skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook; SharePoint, MS Project, Asana, Azure DevOps.
Experience, Skills and Behavioural Competencies required for this position
- 2+ years of previous release and/or DevOps and/or infrastructure administration or support experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles, systems infrastructure deployment automation and scripting preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- 2+ years of experience with shell scripting to automate infrastructure and other operations. Knowledge of at least one of Bash scripting, PowerShell scripting or Nodejs
- Working knowledge of HTTP and REST APIs
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure, either AWS or Microsoft Azure advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of software infrastructure and environments management
- Experience with implementing Agile methodology is favourable
- Good business acumen and an understanding of Mining, Gas & Oil practices and processes is an advantage.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Great technical skills to navigate among the various platforms.
- Good listener, advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Positivity, Do’er, Curiosity and Resiliency are key attributes for this role
Key Accountabilities, but not limited to
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Building deployment and automation scripts to support CI/CD Pipeline automation. Including public app store deployments, alpha and beta ring, continuous deployment of Microservice architectures
- Managing the pre-production and production infrastructure in Microsoft Azure for a global, multi-national SaaS Platform
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Leverages API Coordination platforms such as Zapier, Microsoft Power Automate (Flow), Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions to facilitate large partner and customer integration
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- $ Base + Superannuation
- Annual Salary review
- Incentives depending on company, team and individual performance
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job. To apply email your resume to [email protected]